Sunday, June 17, 2007

Friday Just Ain't My Day

Friday Ain't My Day
Don't know how to say it another way

Vaccines Ain't no fun
espcially with allergies to one

Itching, itching everywhere
Oh my goodness it just an't fair!!!

MMR you just ain't lucky
You really are kind of sucky!!!!

Benadryl, can't stay awake
Help I 'm falling in the lake!!!

2 more weeks and we are done
Shout hurray everyone!!!

This week is busier than most.
When it's over we will toast!!!

Sound off, 1,2
Sound off, 3,4

1234 sound off!!!

Hi everyone. This has been an insanely busy week and this comming week will be worse. We have a test, a military breifing and Leadership reaction course 3 times. (LRC is a physical problem solving exercise where you have to figure out ways of getting across these mazes with your team and equipment. For those of us afraid of heights it can be a real challenge.

We recieved vaccines on Friday. it depended on your immunity which ones you recieved. They said my measles mumps rubella came out lower then government standards so I got 2 the mennigococcal and the MMR. Out of 287 ppl Iwas the only one to have an allergic reaction to one of them Probably the MMR. I started itching from head to toe. I did not get hives. Just some redness on my back and front. They gave me benadryl. Then Friday night I woke up unable to breathe. I took more benadryl and was Okay. I went yesterday to the doctor and they gave me some allergy pills I wil have to take for one month. (great fun?) We relaxed over the weekend and now I have to go study!!!
Warm Regard's to all,
Captain Kimberly

2 comments:

judypolster said...

maybe once you've finished with the basic training stage, you will find some time to go check out exactly what it is that you're allergic to? lucky your reaction didn't downslide to worse! as it is i'm sure it was pretty awful... take care!

Suri W said...

Kim,

I can't believe you had a reaction to a booster shot. The last MMR I received was before I went to Israel at 17 yrs. old, that was a long time ago (I won't say exactly how long as that would be giving away my age).

I'm glad you got to relax a little over the weekend. I spoke to your Mom on Sat. night and we are going to get the boys together for this weekend. I'm not sure if Sean is coming to me or if Binyomin is going to go up there. I will call you mom back tonight to work out the details. I'd still like to send you some food if you tell me where to send it. 7 lbs. is entirely too much weight for you to loose, you're so thin to begin with. Let me know.

Love,

Suri